Why is it best to Hire an Attorney to File Bankruptcy?February 14, 2015
Can you keep on using credit cards and file bankruptcy?February 27, 2015
Contact The Best Bankruptcy Lawyer For A Smooth Process
Going through the bankruptcy process isn’t an easy one, physically, emotionally, and time-wise. Imagine having someone help you through every step of the way. Think of how much easier it would be? With the Bankruptcy Lawyer in Florida, you are able to have someone guide you through the whole process. Your bankruptcy lawyer will help you understand the whole process as well as help you become prepared to deal with the bankruptcy process.
One of the main focuses of the Bankruptcy Lawyer in Florida is to prepare you with what documents you will need to file for bankruptcy.
The documents you need for file for bankruptcy, according to the Bankruptcy Lawyer in Florida, include:
- Tax Returns: Providing a copy of your tax return or transcripts of the last two years is very important. According to Nolo.com, “ If you have unfiled returns, you will need to explain why you were not required to file. If you did not have a valid reason for not filing, most trustees, especially in Chapter 13 cases, will require you to file your taxes and provide copies before concluding or approving your case. Again, some trustees may require more tax returns while others may ask only for your most recent one.”
- Income Documentation: If you are self-employed, you must provide a profit and loss statement for a six-month period and business bank statements to backup the amount. If you are an employee, you need copies of your pay stubs for a six-month period before the bankruptcy as well as your last W-2 forms.
- Real Estate: If you are an owner of real estate you must bring the valuation of the property and mortgage statements that shows your current loan balances, deeds of trust, and your proof of home insurance.
- Vehicles: Copies of your car registration and proof of insurance and valuation info is needed for the bankruptcy process. If you have a car loan, then you will need a recent loan statement that shows how much you owe and how much you are paying monthly for it.
- Identification: You must show a valid photo id and proof of your social security number.
- Bank Accounts: Any recent bank and retirement account documents must be provided in the bankruptcy process.
Now that you know the required documents to file bankruptcy, you can now file with the Bankruptcy Lawyer in Florida. His guidance, knowledge, and experience will help you achieve all of your bankruptcy goals. Call today for a free consultation!
Information from nolo.com
Bankruptcy Lawyer in Florida | Attorney for Bankruptcy Miami